|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 10:22 AM EDT||
ISLANDIA, N.Y., April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Business and technology executives are acutely aware of the dangers of IT downtime in their organizations – loss of productivity, loss of profitability and lower staff morale to name a few. But there are hidden costs to IT uptime that can be just as damaging to a company's profitability, according to Converged Technology Group (www.convergedtechgroup.com), an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) serving clients throughout the Northeast. The company has created a five-point checklist outlining the hidden costs of IT uptime as well as a complimentary, downloadable eBook to help IT and business professionals identify these danger signs in their own IT departments.
To help combat costs associated with IT downtime and hidden costs associated with IT uptime, Converged Technology Group developed its Assist360 managed services offering. Assist360 is a co-managed, customizable, cloud-based suite of managed services designed specifically to help CIOs keep their business-critical technology systems online and secure while offloading much of their daily monitoring and maintenance demands. In addition to expected services like automated remote monitoring and alerts, SLA-based response and remediation, and help desk support and vendor management, Assist360 also offers unique services that include on-demand consulting to ensure the client's technology is meeting the business' needs and an easy-to-understand dashboard giving the CIO and internal IT staff views of all performance metrics across their company's IT landscape.
"The first step in running a more efficient, cost-effective IT department is in the CIO's willingness to assess where the company is today; whether or not the existing IT staff is able to dedicate any time to mission-critical tasks or just break-fix, lights-on kind of work; and whether or not anyone is willing to admit it if there is a problem," says Steve Drgon, Chief Technology Officer, Converged Technology Group. "Our Assist360 managed services offering is the result of an intense, two-year R&D effort that greatly expanded the in-depth services we have long offered our clients – including SLA-based incident responses, unlimited help desk support, and complete vendor management – to include consulting and dashboard services that show our clients we truly understand their businesses and the way they want to manage their IT. Our Assist360 managed services offering is one of the things that makes us a managed services partner to our clients, not just a provider. Managed services isn't just about offloading backroom services, and it's not about having one throat to choke. What it should be about – and what it is about at Converged Technology Group – is having one hand to shake."
Five Hidden Costs of IT Uptime
Uptime is a business imperative, but keeping systems up and running can be costly and time consuming. The question is, how costly and how time consuming? To help CIOs assess where they are and what changes they might want to make, Converged Technology Group has identified five common danger signs, each related to a hidden cost of IT uptime. Companies that find these profiles a match may need a new managed services strategy to curtail costs and free IT staff for more business-critical tasks.
- You're running a state-of-the-art data center instead of your business. Mobile computing, Big Data, BYOD – advancements like these make it easy to fall in love with the potential of information technology. System by system, companies grow accustomed to running this entire infrastructure in-house. But now, if this danger sign fits, IT pros realize they've reached a line where they're spending too much time thinking about IT and not enough about their industry or even their own customers.
- You can't use best-of-class technology because it's too complex for your in-house team to integrate and manage. From software-defined storage to big data analytics, determining the combination of vendors and products that will result in the most efficient and cost-effective solution is a complex undertaking. Hidden compatibility issues can stall seemingly routine deployments and require days of troubleshooting. Some installations require expensive, time-consuming training just to use new technologies. Watch out: Just dealing with multiple vendors' support staffs can keep an overworked IT staff from more business-critical work.
- You're killing efficiency, customer service and your reputation with downtime and slowdowns – Everyone knows how bad a headline-grabbing system outage can be. Even if the company isn't running a Fortune 500 airline reservation system, ecommerce site or global manufacturing network, slowdowns and crashes – especially those that affect customers – quietly sap revenue, profits and the organization's industry standing.
- You're missing hidden support costs as you move to the cloud. – While the cloud, including applications and other services delivered via the Internet, can be a sure way to cut costs, the virtualized nature of the cloud requires the licensing of, and staff training in, new tools, and sometimes different tools for different clouds. That means evaluating, choosing, licensing and training IT staff on multiple management platforms as well as potentially extending internal security and access controls to the public cloud, transferring data to a public cloud and retrieving it when moving to a new provider. All of this takes money and significant time to accomplish if the company is relying on its own internal staff alone.
- You're spending resources with providers rather than investing in partners. – As a business grows and changes, its technology requirements and scope change as well. As a result, it's critical to find and evaluate both current and future needs, including the vendors and service provider the company relies on. Does the managed service provider the organization is currently working with – internally or externally – really understand the company's core business rather than just its technology? Has the company chosen a Managed Services "Provider" of generic help desk, data center or integration services that would fit any business' needs or a Managed Services "Partner" that can proactively suggest creative technology solutions to the company's toughest business problems? Significant changes or growth in the business may require changes in the kind of partners serving that business as well as the quantifiable measurements such as uptime, performance or resolution times previously agreed upon.
- Find out how managed services like Assist360 can support IT infrastructure while lowering total cost of ownership: http://ow.ly/urpZz.
- Download an eBook, "The Five Hidden Costs of IT Uptime," to help calculate how much a business is spending on uptime here: http://bit.ly/1h7NecD.
- Watch brief videos on topics ranging from VDI to unified communications and cloud here: http://ow.ly/vdKnA.
About Converged Technology Group
Converged Technology Group is an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) focused on improving IT performance and lowering the cost of technology support for growing businesses in healthcare, financial services, education, retail, legal and other cutting-edge industries. Located in Islandia, NY, and New York City, Converged Technology Group provides network infrastructure, unified communications, virtualized data center, cloud solutions and managed services to multinational enterprises headquartered in the Northeast. The company provides business-critical uptime all the time, and helps clients design, implement and operate their IT infrastructure, communication and computing systems for the greatest return on their IT investments. For more information on Converged Technology Group, please contact us at 631-468-5728 or [email protected], and visit our website at www.convergedtechgroup.com.
Director Business Development & Marketing
Converged Technology Group
Communication Strategy Group
SOURCE Converged Technology Group
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,384
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,465
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,708
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,466
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,126
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,646
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,490
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,690
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Jul. 30, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,134
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Jul. 30, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,351
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,080
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,294
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,509
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,750
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,204
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 968
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 945
[guide] Cloud Analytics for Dummies | @CloudExpo @Informatica #API #Cloud #Analytics #BusinessIntelligence
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,002
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,270
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 513