|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 10:22 AM EDT||
ISLANDIA, N.Y., April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Business and technology executives are acutely aware of the dangers of IT downtime in their organizations – loss of productivity, loss of profitability and lower staff morale to name a few. But there are hidden costs to IT uptime that can be just as damaging to a company's profitability, according to Converged Technology Group (www.convergedtechgroup.com), an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) serving clients throughout the Northeast. The company has created a five-point checklist outlining the hidden costs of IT uptime as well as a complimentary, downloadable eBook to help IT and business professionals identify these danger signs in their own IT departments.
To help combat costs associated with IT downtime and hidden costs associated with IT uptime, Converged Technology Group developed its Assist360 managed services offering. Assist360 is a co-managed, customizable, cloud-based suite of managed services designed specifically to help CIOs keep their business-critical technology systems online and secure while offloading much of their daily monitoring and maintenance demands. In addition to expected services like automated remote monitoring and alerts, SLA-based response and remediation, and help desk support and vendor management, Assist360 also offers unique services that include on-demand consulting to ensure the client's technology is meeting the business' needs and an easy-to-understand dashboard giving the CIO and internal IT staff views of all performance metrics across their company's IT landscape.
"The first step in running a more efficient, cost-effective IT department is in the CIO's willingness to assess where the company is today; whether or not the existing IT staff is able to dedicate any time to mission-critical tasks or just break-fix, lights-on kind of work; and whether or not anyone is willing to admit it if there is a problem," says Steve Drgon, Chief Technology Officer, Converged Technology Group. "Our Assist360 managed services offering is the result of an intense, two-year R&D effort that greatly expanded the in-depth services we have long offered our clients – including SLA-based incident responses, unlimited help desk support, and complete vendor management – to include consulting and dashboard services that show our clients we truly understand their businesses and the way they want to manage their IT. Our Assist360 managed services offering is one of the things that makes us a managed services partner to our clients, not just a provider. Managed services isn't just about offloading backroom services, and it's not about having one throat to choke. What it should be about – and what it is about at Converged Technology Group – is having one hand to shake."
Five Hidden Costs of IT Uptime
Uptime is a business imperative, but keeping systems up and running can be costly and time consuming. The question is, how costly and how time consuming? To help CIOs assess where they are and what changes they might want to make, Converged Technology Group has identified five common danger signs, each related to a hidden cost of IT uptime. Companies that find these profiles a match may need a new managed services strategy to curtail costs and free IT staff for more business-critical tasks.
- You're running a state-of-the-art data center instead of your business. Mobile computing, Big Data, BYOD – advancements like these make it easy to fall in love with the potential of information technology. System by system, companies grow accustomed to running this entire infrastructure in-house. But now, if this danger sign fits, IT pros realize they've reached a line where they're spending too much time thinking about IT and not enough about their industry or even their own customers.
- You can't use best-of-class technology because it's too complex for your in-house team to integrate and manage. From software-defined storage to big data analytics, determining the combination of vendors and products that will result in the most efficient and cost-effective solution is a complex undertaking. Hidden compatibility issues can stall seemingly routine deployments and require days of troubleshooting. Some installations require expensive, time-consuming training just to use new technologies. Watch out: Just dealing with multiple vendors' support staffs can keep an overworked IT staff from more business-critical work.
- You're killing efficiency, customer service and your reputation with downtime and slowdowns – Everyone knows how bad a headline-grabbing system outage can be. Even if the company isn't running a Fortune 500 airline reservation system, ecommerce site or global manufacturing network, slowdowns and crashes – especially those that affect customers – quietly sap revenue, profits and the organization's industry standing.
- You're missing hidden support costs as you move to the cloud. – While the cloud, including applications and other services delivered via the Internet, can be a sure way to cut costs, the virtualized nature of the cloud requires the licensing of, and staff training in, new tools, and sometimes different tools for different clouds. That means evaluating, choosing, licensing and training IT staff on multiple management platforms as well as potentially extending internal security and access controls to the public cloud, transferring data to a public cloud and retrieving it when moving to a new provider. All of this takes money and significant time to accomplish if the company is relying on its own internal staff alone.
- You're spending resources with providers rather than investing in partners. – As a business grows and changes, its technology requirements and scope change as well. As a result, it's critical to find and evaluate both current and future needs, including the vendors and service provider the company relies on. Does the managed service provider the organization is currently working with – internally or externally – really understand the company's core business rather than just its technology? Has the company chosen a Managed Services "Provider" of generic help desk, data center or integration services that would fit any business' needs or a Managed Services "Partner" that can proactively suggest creative technology solutions to the company's toughest business problems? Significant changes or growth in the business may require changes in the kind of partners serving that business as well as the quantifiable measurements such as uptime, performance or resolution times previously agreed upon.
- Find out how managed services like Assist360 can support IT infrastructure while lowering total cost of ownership: http://ow.ly/urpZz.
- Download an eBook, "The Five Hidden Costs of IT Uptime," to help calculate how much a business is spending on uptime here: http://bit.ly/1h7NecD.
- Watch brief videos on topics ranging from VDI to unified communications and cloud here: http://ow.ly/vdKnA.
About Converged Technology Group
Converged Technology Group is an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) focused on improving IT performance and lowering the cost of technology support for growing businesses in healthcare, financial services, education, retail, legal and other cutting-edge industries. Located in Islandia, NY, and New York City, Converged Technology Group provides network infrastructure, unified communications, virtualized data center, cloud solutions and managed services to multinational enterprises headquartered in the Northeast. The company provides business-critical uptime all the time, and helps clients design, implement and operate their IT infrastructure, communication and computing systems for the greatest return on their IT investments. For more information on Converged Technology Group, please contact us at 631-468-5728 or [email protected], and visit our website at www.convergedtechgroup.com.
Director Business Development & Marketing
Converged Technology Group
Communication Strategy Group
SOURCE Converged Technology Group
SYS-CON Media announced today that Sematext launched a popular blog feed on DevOps Journal with over 6,000 story reads over the weekend. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Sematext is a globally distributed organization that builds innovative Cloud and On Premises solutions for performance monitoring, alerting an...
Dec. 21, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 607
AppDynamics Blog on 'DevOps Journal'
Dec. 21, 2014 11:54 AM EST
ScriptRock makes GuardRail, a DevOps-ready platform for configuration monitoring. Realizing we were spending way too much time digging up, cataloguing, and tracking machine configurations, we began writing our own scripts and tools to handle what is normally an enormous chore. Then we took the concept a step further, giving it a beautiful interface and making it simple enough for our bosses to understand. We named it GuardRail after its function - to allow businesses to move fast and stay sa...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 586
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,399
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,979
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,968
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,036
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,139
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 21, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,258
SYS-CON Events announced today that AIC, a leading provider of OEM/ODM server and storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AIC is a leading provider of both standard OTS, off-the-shelf, and OEM/ODM server and storage solutions. With expert in-house design capabilities, validation, manufacturing and production, AIC's broad selection of products are highly flexible and are conf...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,948
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,334
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,230
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,969
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,994
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,314
AppZero has announced that its award-winning application migration software is now fully qualified within the Microsoft Azure Certified program. AppZero has undergone extensive technical evaluation with Microsoft Corp., earning its designation as Microsoft Azure Certified. As a result of AppZero's work with Microsoft, customers are able to easily find, purchase and deploy AppZero from the Azure Marketplace. With just a few clicks, users have an Azure-based solution for moving applications to the...
Dec. 20, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,013
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,343
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 20, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,345
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,362