|By Marketwired .||
|April 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 04/07/14 -- NAB 2014 -- At NAB 2014 this week in Las Vegas, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is showcasing innovations to its video technology portfolio, including advancements to its industry-leading Videoscape TV service delivery platform. NAB attendees will be able to experience how Cisco, with its partners and customers, is driving new video experiences and formats, simplifying video processing infrastructures and reducing costs in video processing value chains. These solutions, and more, will be demonstrated at the Cisco booth, located at N9332 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall.
Cisco Advances Videoscape with Virtualized Video Processing and Advancements to AnyRes with Support for 4K and HEVC
At NAB 2014, Cisco is expanding its Videoscape TV service delivery platform with Virtualized Video Processing and advancements to AnyRes to support full-frame rate 4K content and the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard for both real time and on-demand.
Videoscape Virtualized Video Processing (V2P) utilizes Cisco's industry leading virtualization and cloud technologies to help media companies and service providers address the challenge of multi-screen video delivery and the dizzying proliferation of video processing workflows it is bringing. V2P empowers media companies and service providers with all the tools they need to address each and every workflow but leverages virtualization and cloud technologies to simplify their infrastructures, reducing operational burdens and breaking down functional silos. The result is increased agility in delivering new video experiences at lower costs, as well as more exciting user experiences, delivered faster. V2P is based on industry standard technology such as NFV and SDN, and integrates into Cisco's overall virtualization strategy and is a key part of the broader Cisco Evolved Services Platform. Additional information about Videoscape V2P can be found here.
Also announced at NAB 2014 are advancements to Videoscape AnyRes encoding solution to support full-frame rate 4K/Ultra High Definition content and HEVC standard. Available today to service provider and media companies, Videoscape AnyRes enables Cisco's customers to simplify video processing and distribution and fuels their transition to IP-based delivery platforms.
More information on the expansion of Videoscape capabilities, including Virtualized Video Processing and AnyRes, can be found here.
Cisco Demonstrations at NAB 2014:
At NAB 2014, Cisco will collaborate with Sony for an industry-first public demonstration of full-rate 4K 60P content delivery from New York City to the Las Vegas Convention Center. The demonstration, which encompasses Videoscape AnyRes and a Cisco set-top box with 4K support, will be available for show attendees to witness during NAB exhibition hours at the Cisco booth (N9332) in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Additional Cisco demos at NAB:
- Real Time Contribution:
- Cisco will demonstrate IP transport of uncompressed, Advanced Video Coding (AVC), and JPEG 2000; as well as a path to 4K content for Primary Distribution.
- Bandwidth Optimization for Premium Content Video Delivery:
- Cisco will demonstrate advanced compression techniques, which reduce the bandwidth required to deliver video over satellite or cable networks for primary and secondary distribution, without loss of quality.
- Single Unit Transcode:
- Cisco will demonstrate how a single platform can accept both real-time and on-demand video in any format, including 4K, HEVC, AVC and MPEG2, and transcode it into all the formats required for multiscreen delivery to set-top boxes, game consoles, smartphones, tablets and other end points.
- Ad Plus: Ad Swap
- Cisco will demonstrate capabilities for the operator to substitute advertisements in primary distribution enabling broadcasters to navigate regional licensing or regulatory issues, delivering improved monetization.
- All IP Production:
- Cisco will demonstrate all-IP production with an emphasis on integration of all IP environments with existing broadcast infrastructure. The demonstration will also focus on implementing SDN WAN orchestration. This demonstration will also be showcased at the Snell booth (N1820).
- Soft Clients and Security
- Cisco will demonstrate an HTML5 development platform for a range of devices, including tablets, smartphones, and desktop PCs.
- In addition we will show Media Guard and VideoGuard DRM for the protection of content on Desktop PCs, gaming devices, tablets and others.
- Automated Metadata
- Cisco will demonstrate automated metadata insertion and management.
Cisco Speakers at NAB 2014:
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Moving to an All-IP Infrastructure, Monday, April 7, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Cisco presenters include:
- Bob Schattner, Business Development for Service Provider Innovation
- Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy
- Peter Chave, System Architect
- OTT Considerations: Functionalities & Technologies, Monday, April 7, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m., Location: S228; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco, presenter.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Why Managing Content in the Cloud Matters, Tuesday, April 8, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco, will serve as the moderator. Panelists include: Ian Hamilton, Chief Technology Officer, Signiant; Jaap Haitsma, Chief Technology Officer, Civolution; and Dr. Spincer Koh, CEO, Gorilla Technology Group.
- Keynote Super Session - Cisco Presents: The Transition from Live to Event TV, Tuesday, April 8, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m., Location: S222; Discussion will be moderated by Greg Ireland, Research Manager, Consumer Markets, IDC.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Is Cloud Editing the Future of Post Production?, Wednesday, April 9, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco will serve as the moderator. Panelists include: Mark Overington, President, North America, Aframe; Bill Roberts, Senior Director, Professional Video Product Management, Adobe; and Dave Colantuoni, Senior Director, Product Management, Creative Apps/Storage, Avid.
- Routing Live Uncompressed Production Video on IP Networks, Wednesday, April 9, 2:00 - 2:30 p.m., Location: S228; Peter Chave, System Architect, Cisco, presenter.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Primestream - File Based Video Workflows and Their Complexity, Thursday, April 10, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Warren Arenstein, Senior Vice President, Primestream Corporation, presenter.
Additional Cisco News at NAB 2014:
- Snell and Cisco Partner for IP-Enabled Broadcast Production
- High-Quality Online Video Anchors Akamai Presence at 2014 NAB Show
- Joe Cozzolino, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Service Provider Video Infrastructure
"Cisco's broad portfolio of video solutions on display at NAB will demonstrate that we are the best partner for media companies and service providers looking to scale and monetize their businesses, and most importantly, stay ahead of rapid changes in the video landscape. The advancements to the Videoscape platform make it the most compelling and holistic TV delivery service platform on the market. This allows our customers to manage new and exciting video experiences from contribution, to production, to distribution."
Additional Supporting Resources
- Read blog series: Cisco at NAB 2014 at Cisco SP360 Blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
Tags/Keywords: Cisco, NAB, NAB 2014, HEVC, 4K, UltraHD, encoding, broadcasters, cloud, cloud video, IP, IP Video, Joe Cozzolino, Videoscape, TV Everywhere, service provider, cable operator, TV, Snell, Akamai, multi-screen video
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 205
SYS-CON Events announced today that FalconStor Software® Inc., a 15-year innovator of software-defined storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. FalconStor Software®, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is a leading software-defined storage company offering a converged, hardware-agnostic, software-defined storage and data services platform. Its flagship solution FreeStor®, utilizes a horizonta...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 PM EST
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 256
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 283
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 144
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 471
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 473
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 450
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 312
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 276
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:45 AM EST
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 280
WebSocket is effectively a persistent and fat pipe that is compatible with a standard web infrastructure; a "TCP for the Web." If you think of WebSocket in this light, there are other more hugely interesting applications of WebSocket than just simply sending data to a browser. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Frank Greco, Director of Technology for Kaazing Corporation, will compare other modern web connectivity methods such as HTTP/2, HTTP Streaming, Server-Sent Events and new W3C event APIs ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 446
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 157
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 153
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, will give users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion w...
Feb. 13, 2016 10:30 AM EST