|By Marketwired .||
|April 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 04/07/14 -- NAB 2014 -- At NAB 2014 this week in Las Vegas, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is showcasing innovations to its video technology portfolio, including advancements to its industry-leading Videoscape TV service delivery platform. NAB attendees will be able to experience how Cisco, with its partners and customers, is driving new video experiences and formats, simplifying video processing infrastructures and reducing costs in video processing value chains. These solutions, and more, will be demonstrated at the Cisco booth, located at N9332 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall.
Cisco Advances Videoscape with Virtualized Video Processing and Advancements to AnyRes with Support for 4K and HEVC
At NAB 2014, Cisco is expanding its Videoscape TV service delivery platform with Virtualized Video Processing and advancements to AnyRes to support full-frame rate 4K content and the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard for both real time and on-demand.
Videoscape Virtualized Video Processing (V2P) utilizes Cisco's industry leading virtualization and cloud technologies to help media companies and service providers address the challenge of multi-screen video delivery and the dizzying proliferation of video processing workflows it is bringing. V2P empowers media companies and service providers with all the tools they need to address each and every workflow but leverages virtualization and cloud technologies to simplify their infrastructures, reducing operational burdens and breaking down functional silos. The result is increased agility in delivering new video experiences at lower costs, as well as more exciting user experiences, delivered faster. V2P is based on industry standard technology such as NFV and SDN, and integrates into Cisco's overall virtualization strategy and is a key part of the broader Cisco Evolved Services Platform. Additional information about Videoscape V2P can be found here.
Also announced at NAB 2014 are advancements to Videoscape AnyRes encoding solution to support full-frame rate 4K/Ultra High Definition content and HEVC standard. Available today to service provider and media companies, Videoscape AnyRes enables Cisco's customers to simplify video processing and distribution and fuels their transition to IP-based delivery platforms.
More information on the expansion of Videoscape capabilities, including Virtualized Video Processing and AnyRes, can be found here.
Cisco Demonstrations at NAB 2014:
At NAB 2014, Cisco will collaborate with Sony for an industry-first public demonstration of full-rate 4K 60P content delivery from New York City to the Las Vegas Convention Center. The demonstration, which encompasses Videoscape AnyRes and a Cisco set-top box with 4K support, will be available for show attendees to witness during NAB exhibition hours at the Cisco booth (N9332) in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Additional Cisco demos at NAB:
- Real Time Contribution:
- Cisco will demonstrate IP transport of uncompressed, Advanced Video Coding (AVC), and JPEG 2000; as well as a path to 4K content for Primary Distribution.
- Bandwidth Optimization for Premium Content Video Delivery:
- Cisco will demonstrate advanced compression techniques, which reduce the bandwidth required to deliver video over satellite or cable networks for primary and secondary distribution, without loss of quality.
- Single Unit Transcode:
- Cisco will demonstrate how a single platform can accept both real-time and on-demand video in any format, including 4K, HEVC, AVC and MPEG2, and transcode it into all the formats required for multiscreen delivery to set-top boxes, game consoles, smartphones, tablets and other end points.
- Ad Plus: Ad Swap
- Cisco will demonstrate capabilities for the operator to substitute advertisements in primary distribution enabling broadcasters to navigate regional licensing or regulatory issues, delivering improved monetization.
- All IP Production:
- Cisco will demonstrate all-IP production with an emphasis on integration of all IP environments with existing broadcast infrastructure. The demonstration will also focus on implementing SDN WAN orchestration. This demonstration will also be showcased at the Snell booth (N1820).
- Soft Clients and Security
- Cisco will demonstrate an HTML5 development platform for a range of devices, including tablets, smartphones, and desktop PCs.
- In addition we will show Media Guard and VideoGuard DRM for the protection of content on Desktop PCs, gaming devices, tablets and others.
- Automated Metadata
- Cisco will demonstrate automated metadata insertion and management.
Cisco Speakers at NAB 2014:
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Moving to an All-IP Infrastructure, Monday, April 7, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Cisco presenters include:
- Bob Schattner, Business Development for Service Provider Innovation
- Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy
- Peter Chave, System Architect
- OTT Considerations: Functionalities & Technologies, Monday, April 7, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m., Location: S228; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco, presenter.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Why Managing Content in the Cloud Matters, Tuesday, April 8, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco, will serve as the moderator. Panelists include: Ian Hamilton, Chief Technology Officer, Signiant; Jaap Haitsma, Chief Technology Officer, Civolution; and Dr. Spincer Koh, CEO, Gorilla Technology Group.
- Keynote Super Session - Cisco Presents: The Transition from Live to Event TV, Tuesday, April 8, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m., Location: S222; Discussion will be moderated by Greg Ireland, Research Manager, Consumer Markets, IDC.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Is Cloud Editing the Future of Post Production?, Wednesday, April 9, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco will serve as the moderator. Panelists include: Mark Overington, President, North America, Aframe; Bill Roberts, Senior Director, Professional Video Product Management, Adobe; and Dave Colantuoni, Senior Director, Product Management, Creative Apps/Storage, Avid.
- Routing Live Uncompressed Production Video on IP Networks, Wednesday, April 9, 2:00 - 2:30 p.m., Location: S228; Peter Chave, System Architect, Cisco, presenter.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Primestream - File Based Video Workflows and Their Complexity, Thursday, April 10, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Warren Arenstein, Senior Vice President, Primestream Corporation, presenter.
Additional Cisco News at NAB 2014:
- Snell and Cisco Partner for IP-Enabled Broadcast Production
- High-Quality Online Video Anchors Akamai Presence at 2014 NAB Show
- Joe Cozzolino, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Service Provider Video Infrastructure
"Cisco's broad portfolio of video solutions on display at NAB will demonstrate that we are the best partner for media companies and service providers looking to scale and monetize their businesses, and most importantly, stay ahead of rapid changes in the video landscape. The advancements to the Videoscape platform make it the most compelling and holistic TV delivery service platform on the market. This allows our customers to manage new and exciting video experiences from contribution, to production, to distribution."
Additional Supporting Resources
- Read blog series: Cisco at NAB 2014 at Cisco SP360 Blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
Tags/Keywords: Cisco, NAB, NAB 2014, HEVC, 4K, UltraHD, encoding, broadcasters, cloud, cloud video, IP, IP Video, Joe Cozzolino, Videoscape, TV Everywhere, service provider, cable operator, TV, Snell, Akamai, multi-screen video
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,045
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,116
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 17, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,925
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,038
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,598
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,253
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,504
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,514
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,426
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,643
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Aug. 11, 2014 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,528
The 15th International Cloud Expo has just expanded its conference program, to bring together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC at one location. Cloud Expo is the single show where delegates and technology vendors can meet to experience and discuss the entire world of the cloud. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to learn about the latest technology developments and solutions.
Aug. 11, 2014 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,300
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare Corporation, a leading enabler of smart connected systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Bsquare is a global leader of embedded software solutions. We enable smart connected systems at the device level and beyond that millions use every day and provide actionable data solutions for the growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. We empower our world-class customers with our products, services and solutions to achieve innovation and success.
Aug. 11, 2014 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,916
SYS-CON Events announced today that NuoDB, Inc., the leader in webscale distributed database technology, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. NuoDB was launched in 2010 by industry-renowned database architect Jim Starkey and accomplished software CEO Barry Morris to deliver a webscale distributed database management system that is specifically designed for the cloud and the modern datacenter.
Aug. 10, 2014 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,372
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Aug. 10, 2014 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,109
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- What DevOps Can Do About Cloud's Predictable Provisioning Problem
- My Journey to #DevOps Enlightenment
- SYS-CON Media Launches Internet of Things Journal
- Red Hat Announces General Availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5
- Getting the Most Out of Your SDN
- DevOps: The Operational Amplifier
- Network Virtualization – Not Your Father’s Business Model | Part 1
- Platform Is Strategy. Product Is Tactics
- The Top Five Things About Cloud You Haven’t Thought About Yet
- Internet Of @ThingsExpo Interview with Distrix: Transporting Data and IoT
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- Eight Ways Cloud-Empowered HCM Solutions Are Driving Business Success
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- PEER 1 Hosting to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- Select the Right Partner for Privileged Identity Management
- Powering the Mobile Enterprise
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Cloud as a Growth Engine for Business
- Choosing Cloud Providers – Has the Provider Utilized a Proven Methodology?
- Cloud Expo New York: Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- Cloud Expo New York: How to Use Google Apps Script
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Cloud Expo New York: Cloud Is Changing the Economics of Business
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- Rackspace Hosting Named “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo New York
- Cloud Expo NY: Best Practices for Architecting Your Cloud Infrastructure
- Virtual, Cloud & IT Availability - Shared Responsibility & Common Sense
- Cloud Computing, Big Data & Smart Mobile Apps to Drive IT Spending in 2014
- Microsoft-Nokia: An Open Letter from Ballmer and Elop
- DevOps Summit 2014 New York Registration Now Open
- Cloud Expo New York: Basics of SSD Technology and Its Use in Cloud