|By PR Newswire||
|March 31, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nuage Networks, the Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) venture focused on software-defined networking (SDN) solutions, today announced that cloud provider Numergy has selected its SDN platform for deployment within and across its datacenters as they scale to support a total of one million virtual machines.
Numergy is a cloud provider specializing in the construction and operation of cloud computing infrastructure in key European markets. According to Gartner's Forecast: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2011-2017, 4Q13 Update (December 2013), Cloud System Infrastructure Services (IAAS) end user spending in Western Europe is growing at 32.1% CAGR (2012-2017), and the market size will reach $5.9B by 2017. This year alone, Numergy plans to open two datacenters, with the goal of 10 additional datacenters in operation over the next three years, all with the Nuage Networks solution embedded.
Numergy opted to implement Nuage Networks' Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) and 7850 Virtualized Services Gateway (VSG) as well as the Alcatel-Lucent 7750 Service Router to manage and automate its datacenter networks to be more programmable and operationally efficient. One of Numergy's primary goals was to build their cloud infrastructure on open technologies, and Nuage Networks' philosophy of building open cloud environments that avoid lock-in aligned well with their wants and needs.
"We are pleased to implement the Nuage Networks product suite in our cloud infrastructure," said Numergy CEO, Philippe Tavernier. "The Nuage Networks SDN technology allows us to address key performance and compliance requirements for virtualizing our infrastructure and enabling the range of cloud services that are essential for meeting our enterprise customers' needs."
Numergy requires a network whose capabilities can be abstracted in alignment with of the needs of diverse customer applications. The Nuage Networks SDN solution provides datacenter network virtualization and automation that transforms datacenters into reflexive environments that instantaneously establish the network services required to deliver cloud infrastructure across millions of virtual machines.
The Nuage Networks VSP is an SDN solution that fully automates datacenter networks, creating secure "slices" for each user group or tenant while reducing provisioning time from days to seconds. This includes:
- Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Controller (VSC): Serves as the robust control plane of the datacenter network, maintaining a full per-tenant view of network and service topologies. Through network APIs using interfaces such as Openflow, the VSC programs the datacenter network agnostic of datacenter networking hardware.
- Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Directory (VSD): Serves as a policy, business logic & analytics engine for the abstract definition of network services. Through RESTful APIs to the VSD, administrators can define and refine service designs and incorporate enterprise policies.
- Nuage Networks Virtual Routing and Switching (VRS): Serves as a virtual endpoint for network services. Through the VRS, changes in the compute environment are immediately detected, triggering instantaneous policy-based establishment of network connectivity within and across datacenters to ensure that the needs of applications are met.
Also included as part of the implementation is the Nuage Networks 7850 VSG. Working in concert with Nuage Networks VSP, the 7850 VSG extends the benefits of SDN automation to Numergy's non-virtualized datacenter assets as well.
Teaming with Nuage Networks enables Numergy to implement and scale automated cloud networks across their geo-distributed infrastructure. Additional benefits include:
- Service provisioning speed and agility: Setting up networks in an SDN can be as easy and timely as creating virtual machine (VM) instances. Unlike traditional networks that are highly configuration driven and manual, Nuage Networks allows network connectivity to follow seamlessly and instantaneously according to pre-defined policies.
- Control: The solution provides a common policy framework through which Numergy maintains full control and visibility of their infrastructure, minimizing manual intervention while ensuring that performance and compliance guidelines are met.
- Network flexibility and holistic management: SDNs enable "network experimentation without impact. " Nuage Networks allows Numergy to bypass traditional datacenter network restrictions and experiment freely with new network configurations that better support customer scenarios.
- Lowered expenditures: Through a dramatically more operationally efficient approach, by making optimal use of datacenter assets, and by reducing dependencies on proprietary hardware and dedicated appliances, Numergy expects to realize significant economic benefits.
"We are excited to work with Numergy in support of their cloud initiative, a massive multi-tenant infrastructure that can scale elastically and respond instantaneously through a programmable and automated network infrastructure," said Sunil Khandekar, Nuage Networks CEO. "Our technology is primed for such a task and will enable their cloud infrastructure to be more agile, secure, and responsive, giving Numergy the ability to deliver innovative and compelling cloud services to enterprises in France and throughout their European footprint."
ABOUT NUAGE NETWORKS
Nu-âhj: From French, meaning 'cloud'. Nuage Networks brings a unique combination of groundbreaking technologies and unmatched networking expertise to the enterprise and telecommunications industries. The Silicon Valley-based start up has applied radically new thinking to the problem of delivering massively scalable and high programmable SDN solutions with the security and availability required by business-critical environments. Nuage Networks, backed by Alcatel-Lucent's (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) rapidly growing IP division, has the pedigree to serve the needs of the world's biggest clouds. The cloud has made promises – the mission of Nuage Networks is to help you realize them.
For more information, visit Nuage Networks on: www.nuagenetworks.net, read the latest posts on the Nuage Networks blog http://www.nuagenetworks.net/blog/ and follow the company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nuagenetworks.
SOURCE Nuage Networks
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 983
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 17, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,882
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,018
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 16, 2014 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,930
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,231
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,484
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,484
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,411
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Aug. 11, 2014 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,508
The 15th International Cloud Expo has just expanded its conference program, to bring together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC at one location. Cloud Expo is the single show where delegates and technology vendors can meet to experience and discuss the entire world of the cloud. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to learn about the latest technology developments and solutions.
Aug. 11, 2014 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,273
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare Corporation, a leading enabler of smart connected systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Bsquare is a global leader of embedded software solutions. We enable smart connected systems at the device level and beyond that millions use every day and provide actionable data solutions for the growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. We empower our world-class customers with our products, services and solutions to achieve innovation and success.
Aug. 11, 2014 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,902
SYS-CON Events announced today that NuoDB, Inc., the leader in webscale distributed database technology, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. NuoDB was launched in 2010 by industry-renowned database architect Jim Starkey and accomplished software CEO Barry Morris to deliver a webscale distributed database management system that is specifically designed for the cloud and the modern datacenter.
Aug. 10, 2014 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,344
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Aug. 10, 2014 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,096
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- What DevOps Can Do About Cloud's Predictable Provisioning Problem
- My Journey to #DevOps Enlightenment
- SYS-CON Media Launches Internet of Things Journal
- Red Hat Announces General Availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5
- Getting the Most Out of Your SDN
- DevOps: The Operational Amplifier
- Network Virtualization – Not Your Father’s Business Model | Part 1
- Platform Is Strategy. Product Is Tactics
- The Top Five Things About Cloud You Haven’t Thought About Yet
- Internet Of @ThingsExpo Interview with Distrix: Transporting Data and IoT
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- Eight Ways Cloud-Empowered HCM Solutions Are Driving Business Success
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- PEER 1 Hosting to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- Select the Right Partner for Privileged Identity Management
- Powering the Mobile Enterprise
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Cloud as a Growth Engine for Business
- Choosing Cloud Providers – Has the Provider Utilized a Proven Methodology?
- Cloud Expo New York: Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- Cloud Expo New York: How to Use Google Apps Script
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Cloud Expo New York: Cloud Is Changing the Economics of Business
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- Rackspace Hosting Named “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo New York
- Cloud Expo NY: Best Practices for Architecting Your Cloud Infrastructure
- Virtual, Cloud & IT Availability - Shared Responsibility & Common Sense
- Cloud Computing, Big Data & Smart Mobile Apps to Drive IT Spending in 2014
- Microsoft-Nokia: An Open Letter from Ballmer and Elop
- DevOps Summit 2014 New York Registration Now Open
- Cloud Expo New York: Basics of SSD Technology and Its Use in Cloud