|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DataCore Software, the storage hypervisor leader and premier provider of storage virtualization software, today announced the launch of the DataCore Ready Program in response to growing worldwide demand for the DataCore™ SANsymphony-V storage hypervisor. The DataCore Ready Program identifies solutions trusted to strengthen SANsymphony™-V-based infrastructures. While DataCore solutions interoperate with common open and industry standard products, the DataCore Ready designation ensures that these solutions have successfully executed a functional test plan and additional verification testing to meet a superior level of joint solution compatibility. Customers who leverage DataCore Ready offerings benefit from quality assurance, reduced risk and lower integration costs. The DataCore Ready logo helps customers quickly identify products and solutions that are optimized for SANsymphony-V.
DataCore Ready Partners Speak to the Benefits of the Program for Organizations Worldwide
- Fusion-io: "The Fusion ioMemory platform and DataCore storage virtualization software achieve new levels of performance, high availability and energy efficiency when deployed together. For Fusion-io, DataCore Ready status gives customers the confidence to get up and running as quickly as possible with cost-effective, high-performance solutions," said Fusion-io Vice President of Alliances, Tyler Smith. Fusion-io accelerates databases, virtualization, cloud computing, big data and mission-critical applications through its integrated hardware and software solutions.
- Microsoft: Microsoft has been a strategic platform partner for more than a decade. DataCore solutions are designed to work hand-in-hand with Microsoft technology and the company is an active member in the Microsoft Partner Solutions Center and Microsoft System Center Alliance. DataCore's line of SANsymphony-V solutions fully support Microsoft Windows Server 2012 platforms. In addition, Microsoft System Center 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Exchange 2012 are all optimized and certified as DataCore Ready.
- Dot Hill Systems Corp.: A provider of world-class storage solutions and software, Dot Hill recently announced that its AssuredSAN™ 3000 series storage arrays are DataCore Ready and provide full interoperability with SANsymphony-V. This combination enables end users to simplify storage management, boost performance and greatly improve data availability. As noted by Dot Hill's Senior Director of Marketing, Jim Jonez, "SANsymphony-V software from DataCore complements the Dot Hill AssuredSAN 3000 series storage hardware to deliver an affordable solution boasting a wide range of features normally found only on high-end enterprise solutions. Working in close collaboration with leading technology partners, such as DataCore, we can deliver more powerful storage solutions to the end user at a very compelling price."
- TwinStrata: TwinStrata delivers cloud-integrated storage solutions that seamlessly combine the flexibility of cloud-based technologies with the robustness of traditional storage. DataCore's SANsymphony-V integrates seamlessly with TwinStrata's CloudArray® cloud storage appliance. The DataCore Ready solution offers a simple, transparent and cost-effective way to manage, offload and augment on-premise storage environments with space and power saving storage located in the cloud. According to TwinStrata CEO, Nicos Vekiarides; "We are pleased to achieve DataCore Ready qualification for CloudArray. Leveraging a hybrid cloud strategy allows customers to have ultimate flexibility and greater purchasing power when it comes to storage demands."
Growing List of Industry Partners Already On-Board with DataCore Ready
A sampling of DataCore Ready partners can be found at http://www.datacore.com/ready. A few additional names include:
- SSD/Flash: LSI, Samsung and STEC
- Servers/Storage: Dell, HP, Intel, Nexsan, and X-IO
- Networking: Brocade, Cisco, Emulex and Qlogic
- Software: Citrix, VirtualSharp and VMware
Systems Builders Extending the Value of DataCore Ready
A rapidly growing number of system builders worldwide are extending the value of DataCore Ready by introducing DataCore-powered storage appliances that leverage the advanced capabilities of SANsymphony-V to solve today's common storage challenges. DataCore Ready system builders include such names as Novarion, N-Tec, R&D Computers, SavageIO, Happyware, Transtec and Zealbox.
- Bytec Ltd.: The largest value added distributor in Europe of Fujitsu servers and storage, Bytec offers storage solutions that integrate SANsymphony-V with Fujitsu PRIMERGY servers and ETERNUS storage hardware. Bytec's Head of Product Marketing, Richard Luft, said: "The DataCore Ready designation ensures a superior level of joint solution compatibility that delivers unmatched storage performance and reliability to our channel partners and their customers. Combining DataCore's software with Fujitsu's hardware results in a cost-effective business continuity solution for mission-critical applications."
DataCore Ready Program Builds Greater Customer Confidence
"This program benefits partners and vendors by offering the highest level of confidence that DataCore's SANsymphony-V seamlessly integrates with their offerings for optimal performance," said Carlos M. Carreras, vice president of alliances & business development for DataCore Software. "Today, DataCore works with thousands of organizations worldwide that have realized the range of benefits we offer through our powerful software-defined storage solution. The DataCore Ready designation extends this value proposition to the products and services that are tested and proven to work well with DataCore."
About DataCore Software
DataCore Software develops storage virtualization software for high availability, fast performance and maximum utilization from storage in virtual and physical IT environments. DataCore SANsymphony™-V storage hypervisor is a comprehensive, hardware-independent solution that fundamentally changes the economics of provisioning, replicating and protecting storage in large enterprises and small to midsize businesses. For additional information, visit the DataCore website at http://www.datacore.com or call (877) 780-5111.
DataCore, the DataCore logo and SANsymphony are trademarks or registered trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. Other DataCore product or service names or logos referenced herein are trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. All other products, services and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Davies Murphy Group (DMG)
SOURCE DataCore Software
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 866
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 594
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 708
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,723
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,196
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 604
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,670
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,768
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 834
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 197
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,676
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,510
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,510
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,422
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,313
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,287
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,177
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,414
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,867
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,937