|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DataCore Software, the storage hypervisor leader and premier provider of storage virtualization software, today announced the launch of the DataCore Ready Program in response to growing worldwide demand for the DataCore™ SANsymphony-V storage hypervisor. The DataCore Ready Program identifies solutions trusted to strengthen SANsymphony™-V-based infrastructures. While DataCore solutions interoperate with common open and industry standard products, the DataCore Ready designation ensures that these solutions have successfully executed a functional test plan and additional verification testing to meet a superior level of joint solution compatibility. Customers who leverage DataCore Ready offerings benefit from quality assurance, reduced risk and lower integration costs. The DataCore Ready logo helps customers quickly identify products and solutions that are optimized for SANsymphony-V.
DataCore Ready Partners Speak to the Benefits of the Program for Organizations Worldwide
- Fusion-io: "The Fusion ioMemory platform and DataCore storage virtualization software achieve new levels of performance, high availability and energy efficiency when deployed together. For Fusion-io, DataCore Ready status gives customers the confidence to get up and running as quickly as possible with cost-effective, high-performance solutions," said Fusion-io Vice President of Alliances, Tyler Smith. Fusion-io accelerates databases, virtualization, cloud computing, big data and mission-critical applications through its integrated hardware and software solutions.
- Microsoft: Microsoft has been a strategic platform partner for more than a decade. DataCore solutions are designed to work hand-in-hand with Microsoft technology and the company is an active member in the Microsoft Partner Solutions Center and Microsoft System Center Alliance. DataCore's line of SANsymphony-V solutions fully support Microsoft Windows Server 2012 platforms. In addition, Microsoft System Center 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Exchange 2012 are all optimized and certified as DataCore Ready.
- Dot Hill Systems Corp.: A provider of world-class storage solutions and software, Dot Hill recently announced that its AssuredSAN™ 3000 series storage arrays are DataCore Ready and provide full interoperability with SANsymphony-V. This combination enables end users to simplify storage management, boost performance and greatly improve data availability. As noted by Dot Hill's Senior Director of Marketing, Jim Jonez, "SANsymphony-V software from DataCore complements the Dot Hill AssuredSAN 3000 series storage hardware to deliver an affordable solution boasting a wide range of features normally found only on high-end enterprise solutions. Working in close collaboration with leading technology partners, such as DataCore, we can deliver more powerful storage solutions to the end user at a very compelling price."
- TwinStrata: TwinStrata delivers cloud-integrated storage solutions that seamlessly combine the flexibility of cloud-based technologies with the robustness of traditional storage. DataCore's SANsymphony-V integrates seamlessly with TwinStrata's CloudArray® cloud storage appliance. The DataCore Ready solution offers a simple, transparent and cost-effective way to manage, offload and augment on-premise storage environments with space and power saving storage located in the cloud. According to TwinStrata CEO, Nicos Vekiarides; "We are pleased to achieve DataCore Ready qualification for CloudArray. Leveraging a hybrid cloud strategy allows customers to have ultimate flexibility and greater purchasing power when it comes to storage demands."
Growing List of Industry Partners Already On-Board with DataCore Ready
A sampling of DataCore Ready partners can be found at http://www.datacore.com/ready. A few additional names include:
- SSD/Flash: LSI, Samsung and STEC
- Servers/Storage: Dell, HP, Intel, Nexsan, and X-IO
- Networking: Brocade, Cisco, Emulex and Qlogic
- Software: Citrix, VirtualSharp and VMware
Systems Builders Extending the Value of DataCore Ready
A rapidly growing number of system builders worldwide are extending the value of DataCore Ready by introducing DataCore-powered storage appliances that leverage the advanced capabilities of SANsymphony-V to solve today's common storage challenges. DataCore Ready system builders include such names as Novarion, N-Tec, R&D Computers, SavageIO, Happyware, Transtec and Zealbox.
- Bytec Ltd.: The largest value added distributor in Europe of Fujitsu servers and storage, Bytec offers storage solutions that integrate SANsymphony-V with Fujitsu PRIMERGY servers and ETERNUS storage hardware. Bytec's Head of Product Marketing, Richard Luft, said: "The DataCore Ready designation ensures a superior level of joint solution compatibility that delivers unmatched storage performance and reliability to our channel partners and their customers. Combining DataCore's software with Fujitsu's hardware results in a cost-effective business continuity solution for mission-critical applications."
DataCore Ready Program Builds Greater Customer Confidence
"This program benefits partners and vendors by offering the highest level of confidence that DataCore's SANsymphony-V seamlessly integrates with their offerings for optimal performance," said Carlos M. Carreras, vice president of alliances & business development for DataCore Software. "Today, DataCore works with thousands of organizations worldwide that have realized the range of benefits we offer through our powerful software-defined storage solution. The DataCore Ready designation extends this value proposition to the products and services that are tested and proven to work well with DataCore."
About DataCore Software
DataCore Software develops storage virtualization software for high availability, fast performance and maximum utilization from storage in virtual and physical IT environments. DataCore SANsymphony™-V storage hypervisor is a comprehensive, hardware-independent solution that fundamentally changes the economics of provisioning, replicating and protecting storage in large enterprises and small to midsize businesses. For additional information, visit the DataCore website at http://www.datacore.com or call (877) 780-5111.
DataCore, the DataCore logo and SANsymphony are trademarks or registered trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. Other DataCore product or service names or logos referenced herein are trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. All other products, services and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Davies Murphy Group (DMG)
SOURCE DataCore Software
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,666
While many government agencies have embraced the idea of employing cloud computing as a tool for increasing the efficiency and flexibility of IT, many still struggle with large scale adoption. The challenge is mainly attributed to the federated structure of these agencies as well as the immaturity of brokerage and governance tools and models. Initiatives like FedRAMP are a great first step toward solving many of these challenges but there are a lot of unknowns that are yet to be tackled. In hi...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 3,934
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,264
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,912
"Splunk basically takes machine data and we make it usable, valuable and accessible for everyone. The way that plays in DevOps is - we need to make data-driven decisions to delivering applications," explained Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk and @DevOpsSummit Conference Chair, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 24, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,263
"Logz.io is a log analytics platform. We offer the ELK stack, which is the most common log analytics platform in the world. We offer it as a cloud service," explained Tomer Levy, co-founder and CEO of Logz.io, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 24, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,442
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 5,122
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 2,380
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 6,434
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 986
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 4,779
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Ca...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 7,970
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 23, 2017 11:15 PM EST Reads: 10,082
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 3,282
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 23, 2017 08:15 PM EST Reads: 3,910
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 23, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,247
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 23, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,809
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 23, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,709
"We formed Formation several years ago to really address the need for bring complete modernization and software-defined storage to the more classic private cloud marketplace," stated Mark Lewis, Chairman and CEO of Formation Data Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 23, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 6,478
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,890