|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new innovations that strengthen its HP Converged Infrastructure portfolio.
At its yearly Global Partner Conference in Las Vegas, HP unveiled a new HP BladeSystem, HP Converged Storage and HP Networking solutions, as well as HP Services that accelerate return on IT investment and enable customers to refocus resources from operations to innovation.
Significant shifts in the IT industry, including cloud, big data, social media and mobility, have added new challenges for chief information officers (CIOs) in meeting customer, partner and employee expectations while aligning IT and enterprise goals with limited funding.
The HP Converged Infrastructure portfolio addresses these growing challenges and leads the industry in deploying and managing large-scale infrastructures. HP has delivered more than 8 million virtual connect ports, issued more than 7 million HP Insight Management licenses, shipped more than 40 petabytes of bladed storage and 50 million switch ports, and grown to nearly 900 HP CloudSystem customers.(1) In addition, HP has led the industry in blade server revenue and shipments for 24 consecutive quarters.(2)
Only HP Converged Infrastructure offers customers:
- An open, standards-based, heterogeneous approach that integrates servers, storage, networking and management software.
- Proven experience of implementing Converged Infrastructure solutions for customers around the world -- as well as close collaboration with 4,500 HP AllianceOne members and partners who develop complete solutions built on HP Converged Infrastructure.
- Comprehensive consulting and support services by HP and certified partners that simplify IT management, improve return on investment (ROI) by optimizing IT investments, and ensure a high-quality customer experience.
"HP pioneered the concept of a converged infrastructure, and we were the first to deliver it," said David Donatelli, executive vice president and general manager, Enterprise Group, HP. "But we're not resting on our achievements, we continue to innovate and extend the HP Converged Infrastructure portfolio to deliver the benefits that our business and government customers expect from us."
New HP BladeSystem delivers breakthrough data center economics
Virtualization offers significant benefits to organizations. According to Gartner, in 2016, 82 percent of server workloads will be running in virtual environments,(3) which could increase management complexity and operational costs.
The new HP BladeSystem c7000 Platinum enclosure, a key solution within the industry-leading HP ProLiant portfolio, dramatically improves performance, efficiency and availability of resources in virtualized and cloud environments. As a result, organizations can save up to 68 percent in data center operating costs.(4) These groundbreaking data center economics are delivered through next-generation technologies that provide long-term investment protection and can scale to support growth.
The HP BladeSystem c7000 Platinum enclosure with the new SX1018 HP Ethernet switch, which provides the lowest port-to-port latency of any blade switch, is more than four times faster than previous switches.(5,6) HP also is the first in the industry to provide 40GB downlinks to each blade server for near-real time performance. This provides the ideal network interface for high-performance clusters or financial services applications.
HP also introduced the new HP ProLiant WS460c Generation 8 (Gen8) Server Blade, the only bladed infrastructure that supports virtualized client solutions with high-density 3-D graphics and eight GPUs per blade server. Supporting four times more users per host blade, the HP WS460c lowers costs by up to 60 percent per user compared to previous generations, to mobilize an entire workforce.(7,8)
HP innovations accelerate move to modern storage architecture
Unpredictable data growth and workload performance demands are forcing customers to upgrade legacy storage architectures. This transition -- from legacy to modern, scale-out storage architectures -- represents a multibillion dollar opportunity for channel partners.
HP StoreVirtual Storage offers pioneering software-defined storage that is delivered either as virtual storage appliance (VSA) software or as a converged storage appliance (CSA) on HP ProLiant hardware. HP has been shipping VSAs for more than seven years and has distributed more than 150,000 VSAs worldwide.
To capitalize on and accelerate the adoption of software-defined storage, HP announced two new HP StoreVirtual Storage systems, based on HP ProLiant Gen8 technologies. Improving both productivity and efficiency for businesses deploying virtualization, HP StoreVirtual Storage systems deliver nearly double the performance and capacity density compared to previous models.
In addition, the new HP StoreSystem, a channel-only midrange storage solution, combines HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and HP StoreOnce Backup systems that are preracked for rapid deployment. Offering primary block-and-file storage with information protection in a single system, HP StoreSystem now includes all HP 3PAR platform and VMware software suites to maximize customer efficiency and agility.
HP Technology Services simplify, integrate, automate a Converged Infrastructure
With HP Technology Services, customers can simplify, integrate and automate their IT environments to rapidly respond to organizational change and accelerate time to revenue.
HP Technology Services is now offering the HP Proactive Insight experience, which enables customers to take proactive actions as well as automate and manage tasks, resulting in problem prevention and productivity gains averaging $32,000 per 100 users.(9)
The HP Proactive Insight experience begins with HP Proactive Care, which provides proactive problem avoidance and direct access to advanced technical expertise. This service is powered by innovative support and management technologies, including HP Insight Online, the industry's most comprehensive cloud-based management portal; and HP Insight Remote Support, which remotely monitors servers, storage and networks. With the HP Proactive Insight experience, customers can increase user productivity and achieve a return on their services investment in 30 days or less.(9)
HP innovations deliver the industry's only complete BYOD networking solution
By 2016, two-thirds of the workforce will own smartphones, and 40 percent of the workforce will be mobile.(10) Yet, today's legacy infrastructure requires two separate networks to support wired and wireless connectivity, resulting in operational complexity and security challenges.
HP also launched the industry's only complete solution that supports growing bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives. This solution delivers unified wired and wireless management as well as switching platforms that create a single network for wired and wireless connectivity.
HP networking innovations also include device on-boarding and provisioning functionalities through a single management application, automated security with software-defined networks (SDN) technology, and mobility connectivity services that further extend the customer benefits of the HP FlexNetwork architecture.
To double network scalability over legacy infrastructure, the new OpenFlow-enabled HP 2920 Switch Series speeds data transfer by up to 45 percent, while increasing performance by up to 100 percent.(11) In addition, the new HP 830 Unified/WLAN Switch eliminates the need to purchase up to 50 percent of traditional network access devices, including separate switches and controllers, while supporting up to 1,000 wireless devices.(12)
To help customers create an optimized, scalable wired and wireless infrastructure, HP is offering HP FlexNetwork Design and Validation and HP Wireless LAN Lifecycle Services. These services provide validated and interoperable high-level designs and device configurations based on proven HP FlexNetwork reference architectures.
HP's premier America's client event, HP Discover, takes place June 11-13 in Las Vegas.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) HP internal calculations.
(2) IDC, "Worldwide Quarterly Server Tracker, Q3 CY2012," November 2012.
(3) Gartner "Forecast Analysis: x86 Server Virtualization, Worldwide, 3Q12 Update," November 2012.
(4) HP-sponsored white paper from IDC, "Business Value of Blade Infrastructures," No. 227508R2, December 2012.
(5) Based on HP internal calculations as of January 2013. Comparing HP 6120XG with 240 Gb of available up/down bandwidth vs. SX1018HP with 1,360 Gb available, HP offers up/down bandwidth that is 5.6 times greater.
(6) Based on HP internal calculation as of January 2013 that show HP SX1018 switch achieving a 250 nanosecond response time, compared to 1 millisecond from previous models.
(7) Based on HP internal calculations as of January 2012. Four times more NVIDIA Quadro 3000M graphics in the same enclosure space vs. previous-generation HP WS460c.
(8) Based on HP internal calculations as of January 2012. Versus previous-generation HP WS460c.
(9) IDC White paper, sponsored by HP and Intel, "The Business Value of the HP Proactive Insight Experience," No. 239199, January 2013.
(10) Gartner, "The Nexus of Forces Changes Everything: Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2012 Keynote," ID:G00246019, Jan. 10, 2013.
(11) Tolly Research, "HP 2920 Switch Series: Competitive Performance, Power Consumption and TCO Evaluation versus Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and Cisco 3750-X Series," February 2013.
(12) Based on HP internal testing.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
"Lanlogic has been around since 1995 and we focus on helping customers that are traditionally less technical and need someone who’s an IT consultant, a trusted business adviser, to help them evaluate their needs," explained Joe Foos, Director of Sales & Marketing at Lanlogic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloud Expo® 2014 New York, June 10-12, at the Javits Center in New York City,...
Dec. 11, 2013 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,129
SYS-CON Events announced today that CloudTimes has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 14th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudTimes is the premier source for thought leadership and the latest news on Cloud Computing. We are an international group of Cloud Computi...
Dec. 11, 2013 10:00 AM EST Reads: 956
"It's been a great show for NetIQ - we've had the opportunity to speak about how NetIQ is enabling the cloud - how we are allowing customers to get access to cloud services that enable service providers to deliver cloud services in a secure, compliant manner," explained Gary Ardito, Chief Architect for Cloud Service Provider Solutions at NetIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloud E...
Dec. 11, 2013 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,258
"At InMage we are enabling the hybrid cloud. Cloud presents a lot of opportunities but there is no vehicle to take services into the hybrid cloud," noted Murali Nambiar, Sr. Product Manager for Backup and DR Products at InMage, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloud Expo® 2014 New York, June 10-12, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock ...
Dec. 11, 2013 09:45 AM EST Reads: 806
"We have a threefold product and an in-memory database is our core platform, which helps our customers do completely net new workloads and we has some interesting high-performance use cases," explained Jon Webster, VP Business Development at GridGain Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloud Expo® 2014 New York, June 10-12, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature...
Dec. 10, 2013 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,375
"ActiveState is focused on the cloud market with a product called Stackato, an enterprise private PaaS solution that allows enterprises to manage and deploy their own Platform as a Service offering," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloud Expo® 2014 New York, June 10-12, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will f...
Dec. 10, 2013 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,448
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 14th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Indu...
Dec. 10, 2013 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,419
"Since the acquisition Terremark has been getting closer and closer and tighter with Verizon and we have some joint projects underway. We're about to set the world on fire," noted Jim Anthony, VP of Sales Engineering at Verizon Terremark, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloud Expo® 2014 New York, June 10-12, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions f...
Dec. 9, 2013 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,537
"We announced what we believe is a game-changing technology in storage. We introduced a new product called the Ultrastar He6 and we announced a technology called HelioSeal, which is the process of hermetically sealing helium inside the hard drive," explained Brendan Collins, VP of Product Marketing at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloud Expo® 2014 New York, June 10-12, at the...
Dec. 9, 2013 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,550
"APIs are a layer of integration where you integrate apps to the back end. Those APIs have to be secure, they have to be managed, they have to be monitored, you have to know everything that happens to those APIs and we provide that level of product so people don’t have to worry about it," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–7, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, ...
Dec. 9, 2013 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,709
- Cloud Solutions and Technology
- Opening Keynote at Cloud Expo | The Changing Atmosphere of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing 2.0 Flexibility Discussed at Cloud Expo
- Establish and Manage a Recurring Revenue Model
- Cloud Expo: Cloud Shifts the Burden of Security to Development
- Weekend Special: Cloud Expo Keynotes and Expo Pass
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley: Don’t DIY Your VDI
- Safeguard Your Organization with Cisco Email Security Solutions Webinar
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley: Day 3 Lunchtime Keynote – The Internet of Things
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Ten Myths of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage Adoption Gaining Among Businesses
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Financial Results, New Appointments, and General Meetings - Research Report on Red Hat, Yelp, Sierra Wireless, Infinera, and Bitauto
- Cloud Solutions and Technology
- At-a-Glance: Comparing VMware vSphere 5.5 & Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC Business Models: Building a Web-Based Telecom Co
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Announcing "OpenStack Fundamentals Track" at Cloud Expo
- Opening Keynote at Cloud Expo | The Changing Atmosphere of Cloud Computing
- Framework for Service Oriented Ecosystem
- Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2014
- The Security of Popular Cloud Storage Sites
- Cloud Expo New York: Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- Cloud Expo New York: How to Use Google Apps Script
- Cloud Expo New York: Cloud Is Changing the Economics of Business
- Rackspace Hosting Named “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo New York
- Virtual, Cloud & IT Availability - Shared Responsibility & Common Sense
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Enterasys Spotlights SDN's Impact on Traditional Networking in Upcoming Webinar
- Microsoft-Nokia: An Open Letter from Ballmer and Elop
- Cloud Expo New York: API Security, Does My Business Need an OAuth Server?
- ARM Server “Microservers” Seek to Transform Cloud, Big Data
- ScaleOut Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- Cloud Expo New York: Rethink IT and Reinvent Business with IBM SmartCloud